Ahhh Winter; everyone’s favorite season. LOLOL JK. What’s so fun about freezing your buns off, having cracked skin, and 24/7 hat head?? Oh right, the answer to that question would be nothing. Well, Kara and I can’t stand to see you upset so I’m sharing some of my go-to moves to beat Mother Nature at her own game this time of year.
I can’t stress enough how important it is to moisturize daily! But, you probably already know that. So, moving on.
You can also try this stuff, too:
- Exfoliate routinely. Get rid of any of that good-for-nothing, patchy surface skin – nobody needs that.
- Skin masks. Skin masks. Skin masks. My personal fave is “Feeling Beautiful: Dead Sea Minerals Facial Anti-Stress” from Ullta but you can also pick up something very similar from CVS (CVS brand) if that’s more convenient for you.
- I swear by Vaseline – it does wonders for chapped lips! Lather up before bedtime and let it rejuvenate you overnight.
- Take hair/skin/nail vitamins daily. Pick these up at your local drug store! They do wonders, and will specifically help your nails grow nice and strong.
- FILE! Keep things tidy and trimmed with a file. Nails are more likely to break in the cold and you don’t want things to be worse than they need to be. You can save yourself a headache if you file right away rather than letting the break continue. Whatever you do, don’t bite them – please!
- Since you’ll most likely have them covered with your big fuzzy socks or gloves anyway, it’s not the worst idea to give them some breathing room and go a week or two without polish.
I don’t know about you, but my hair is notttt happy with me these days. It’s dry, frizzy and requires a lot more TLC than usual. This weather can make things pretty tough on your good old’ locks, but hopefully these tricks will help:
- Coconut oil. Use this as a leave in conditioner, wrap in a towel or shower cap overnight and wash hair as normal in the AM. It will bring you back to life!
- If you can avoid it, try not to wash your hair every day. Believe it or not but the constant washing actually dries out your hair. If you stick to every other day or more, it helps leave natural oils in hair and aids in maintaining moisture. (Not necessarily related but still good to know, this will also help hold your color).
- My “can’t-live-without” product is Wella EIMI Perfect Me Lightweight Beauty Balm Lotion. It’s so worth the money!!! I have really fine hair and it’s hard for me to find products that get the job done, without making me look greasy. I use it everyday and it leaves a nice smooth finish without weighing my hair down.
- Dryer sheets. I know this sounds crazy but one day years ago I thought, “hmm could these things have the same affect on my hair”? IT DOES! For the days where your maintenance routine just isn’t cutting it, this will keep the frizz to a minimum.
That’s all for now! Bye beauty babes